Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Reading Ain't Just For Fun

Remember how I said I'm taking that course next semester on Popular Romance?  My prof e-mailed all of us to give us a partial reading list!

Books required for ENG 2272 Popular Romance Fiction
Pamela Regis
Fall 2011

Maurice by E.M. Forster
The Sheik by E.M. Hull
The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
Montana Sky by Nora Roberts
Indigo by Beverly Jenkins
Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
Phyllida and the Brotherhood of Philander by Ann Herendeen

I have to read all of them so I can practically guarantee they'll all get reviews as well.  There's a lot of diversity in the material chosen (which makes sense since the course also counts as a multicultural credit).  I can't wait to get the rest of the syllabus!  Anyone read any of the books listed?  Thoughts?

ETA:  Just ordered the books off Half.com!  They're shipping out from three different sellers and should be arriving over the next two weeks.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I meant to comment on this post!

    I think those are great reads for the course! Also, your prof really have some that reflect the romance blogland community :) You haven't read any of these?

    ReplyDelete